Civil Service LGBT+ Pride - Canterbury
- Date and time
- Registration closing date
- Westgate Gardens, Saint Peter's Street, Canterbury, CT1 2BQ
- Hosted by
- Civil Service LGBT+ Network
This registration form is a Google Form.
Google Forms are blocked by some departmental IT systems. If you can't open or submit this form, please try again from a personal device.
Canterbury Pride 2023
Pride Canterbury is a spectacular celebration of LGBT+ identity set in the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, The City of Canterbury. There’s a parade through the High Street, followed by live entertainment and food and drink in the gorgeous city gardens. Join 35,000 people to celebrate diversity, equality and progress.
Performances during the day include:
• Baga Chipz (Drag Race UK) • Danny Beard (Drag Race UK) • Tom Barber (DJ Set) • Jimbo (Drag Race UK) • And many many more!
Parade Muster Westgate Gardens between 09:30 and 10:00 (please note instructions below)
Colleagues attending are to meet Local Organiser, James Reid, at The Westgate Inn (Weatherspoon Pub) on North Lane, between 09:00 & 09:30. Here we will issue wristbands, along with T-shirts, banners, and other parade items. We will then make our way to the muster point as one group. (note that you will not be able to enter the muster point without a wristband pre-attached)
What to Bring
• Government Approved Identification (for site security) • Reusable Water Bottle (these must be empty before entering the site, but can be filled for free at the various water stations). • There are card-machines within the Pride grounds, but signal is often poor and unreliable, therefore cash is advised. • BAGS: Only Small personal bags will be permitted on the parade and within the Pride Canterbury site. These will be searched on arrival.
Pride Canterbury is a free to attend event. Pride Canterbury have asked if we could volunteer some time on the day to help-out with the running of the event. As Civil Servants we strongly believe in working with our community groups and pride organisations, and therefore have agreed to volunteer 1hour of our time for volunteering duties on the day. If you would prefer to not get involved in volunteering please let us know.
The Civil Service LGBT+ Network is coordinating our attendance at Pride Canterbury.
For more information or questions about the day please contact James Reid ( email@example.com )