While we can’t celebrate in our usual way, we are ensuring that Pride in 2020 is not forgotten about.
By Civil Service LGBT+ Network
Pride is an important part of the LGBTI+ calendar.
This year the events we would normally be celebrating together to recognise our communities can’t go ahead in the same way. But here in the Civil Service LGBT+ Network we have been determined to keep PrideON in 2020.
With the help of our amazing members, we have planned a programme of digital events and content across the month of June for you all to enjoy and get involved with.
We have many exciting events planned such as a Big PrideON quiz, bingo, crafting activities, bake along, panel discussions and so much more. You can see the full calendar of events open to all LGBT+ Civil Servants and Allies at www.civilservice.lgbt/pride. Be sure to check them out and sign up as some spaces are limited.
From w/c 15th June, we will be publishing digital content across all our channels. You will want to check out the PrideON playlist, the PrideON podcast and a set of blog posts on things that matter during the pride month. Also, keep an eye out for a famous face who has exclusively created some content for us all to enjoy. All content will also be published on our website www.civilservice.lgbt/pride.
Make sure you are following our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to keep updated with everything we are doing throughout the month and help celebrate our LGBT+ community.
We’ve been busy planning to keep PrideON over the past few months and we are so excited to finally share it with you, but we still need your help:
Spread the word:
The more Civil Servants that know about PrideON, the more we are able to celebrate pride digitally and ensure that even with the coronavirus restrictions, Pride in 2020 is not forgotten about, that our voices are heard, and we continue to be visible.
Actions you can take now:
- We have created a whole package of digital assets for you to use and share around your teams to promote LGBT+ visibility. Be sure to post these on social media, add one to your email signature, change your video call background and encourage your colleagues to do the same.
- Use our communications tool kit to spread the word.
- Ask your department to post a blog on your intranet to explain how we are keeping PrideON. We have created a template for you to use.
- Email your network chair, directors, leadership team to make them aware of what’s happening. We have a created a draft email for you to use.
- Use our hashtag across social media #PrideON
Share your story:
- A huge part of Pride is telling stories of the LGBT+ community and being visible. We want to know:
- What does pride mean to you?
- Why intersectionality matters?
- How are you celebrating pride this year?
We want to run a series of blogs and vlogs answering these questions, so please email email@example.com to get involved.
If you would like to write a vlog or blog or anything else, please send it over.
Be sure to check back on our website for new content.