Trans and non-binary inclusion listening sessions
We're holding listening sessions to help us make our Network more inclusive for trans and non-binary civil servants.
Hi, I’m Alan Edwards, my pronouns are they/he, and I’m the Civil Service LGBT+ Network’s new Vice Chair for trans and non-binary inclusion.
Creating space for trans and non-binary members
For the past couple of years, I’ve helped to run our BiSpace programme for bi+ civil servants. It’s made a huge difference to how welcomed I feel as a bi+ person in this Network. I want that same sense of community to be available for trans and non-binary people in the Civil Service too.
Learning from what works with BiSpace, we want to make the Civil Service and the Civil Service LGBT+ Network the best place to work as a trans or non-binary person.
I want to hear from our members, and indeed any civil servant who is trans or non-binary, to help shape this work. We will be working closely with a:gender to do this.
Join our listening sessions
I will be holding three listening sessions over the next month for you to share your views with me.
Some of the topics I would like to explore during these events will be:
- awareness of the different types of events and activities carried out by the Civil Service LGBT+ Network and a:gender
- whether people feel included in the events organised by the Civil Service LGBT+ Network and a:gender
- is there anything not currently being done by the Civil Service LGBT+ Network and a:gender that we ought to be doing
The events will take place on the following dates:
- Thursday 2 December 2021, 17:00 to 18:00 – Virtual
- Wednesday 8 December 2021, 14:00 to 16:00 – in person, London
- Tuesday 14 December 2021, 12:00 to 13:00 – Virtual
The virtual events will be very informal, so please feel free to join and leave at any point.
For the in-person event in London on 8 December you will need to be registered as a visitor to 100 Parliament Street and be escorted through the building if you do not have an existing building pass.
If you are unable to make these events but would like to share your views please feel free to email me.
Following the listening sessions I will draft a trans and non-binary inclusion plan in the new year, which will be published on our website.