Discuss: Terms of service
By Civil Service LGBT+ Network
- About this publication
- Who can use Discuss
- Your account
- Closing your account
- Acceptable use
- Enforcement and moderation
- Revocation of service, permission or access
- Your content
- Your responsibility
- Limits on liability
About this publication
Discuss is an online community space exclusively for LGBT+1 civil servants and allies. It’s a forum provided by the Civil Service LGBT+ Network.
These Terms of Service (“terms”) govern the use of the forum. To use the forum, you must agree to these terms. These terms apply only to use of the forum, and not to other services or programmes run by the Civil Service LGBT+ Network.
Who can use Discuss
In order use the forum, you must either:
- work for a the UK Civil Service, or the Civil Service of one of the Devolved Administrations
- be a member of a Local LGBT+ employee network affiliated to the Civil Service LGBT+ Network
You must also either:
- identify as LGBT+
- be an LGBT+ ally
You must create and log into an account to use the forum.
To create an account, you must provide some information about yourself. If you create an account, you agree to provide:
- your name
- a valid Civil Service e-mail address
You must keep your account email address up-to-date.
If you suspect your account has been compromised, you must notify the Civil Service LGBT+ Network immediately.
Closing your account
You may close your account at any time by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whilst using Discuss you must:
- abide by these Terms of Service
- follow the Community Guidelines
- uphold the values of the Civil Service Code – “honesty”, “integrity”, “objectivity” and “impartiality”, including political impartiality – at all times
Whilst using Discuss you must not:
- use the forum to break the law
- use another person’s account on the forum without their specific permission
- impersonate others through the forum
- use the forum to disclose information that you don’t have the right to disclose, like others’ confidential or personal information
- buy, sell, or otherwise trade services
- send advertisements, chain letters, or other solicitations through the forum, or use the forum to gather addresses or other personal data for mailing lists or databases
- automate access to the forum, or monitor the forum, such as with a web crawler, browser plug-in or add-on, or other computer program that is not a web browser
- use the forum to send e-mail to distribution lists, newsgroups, or group mail aliases
- falsely imply that you’re affiliated with or endorsed by the Civil Service LGBT+ Network, your employer or the UK Civil Service as a whole
- hyperlink to images or other non-hypertext content on the forum on other webpages
- remove any marks showing proprietary ownership from materials you download from the forum
- show any part of the forum on other websites
- disable, avoid, or circumvent any security or access restrictions of the forum
- strain infrastructure of the forum with an unreasonable volume of requests, or requests designed to impose an unreasonable load on information systems underlying the forum
- submit content to the forum containing malicious computer code, such as computer viruses or spyware
- encourage or help anyone in violation of these terms
Enforcement and moderation
The Civil Service LGBT+ Network reserves the right to change, redact, and delete content on the forum for any reason. The Civil Service LGBT+ Network is not obligated to store, maintain, or provide copies of content you submit.
If you believe someone has submitted content to the forum in violation of these terms, contact us.
Revocation of service, permission or access
The forum and its functionality are provided on a voluntary basis by the Civil Service LGBT+ Network.
The Civil Service LGBT+ Network may:
- shut down this service at any time
- revoke your access to this service for any reason, at any time, including, but not limited to, breaches of these terms or our Community Guidelines.
You remain solely responsible for content you submit to the forum.
Content you submit to the forum belongs to you, and you decide what permission to give others for it. Other users who receive or download content you submit to the forum may violate the terms on which you license your content. The Civil Service LGBT+ Network will not be liable to you for those violations or their consequences.
You must not to wrongly imply that content you submit to the forum is sponsored or approved by the Civil Service LGBT+ Network.
You accept all risk of using the forum and content on the forum. The Civil Service LGBT+ Network and its suppliers provide the forum as is, without any warranty whatsoever.
You agree to indemnify the Civil Service LGBT+ Network from legal claims by others related to your breach of these terms, or breach of these terms by others using your account on the forum.
Limits on liability
Neither the Civil Service LGBT+ Network nor its suppliers will be liable to you for breach-of-contract damages they could not have reasonably foreseen when you agreed to these terms.
You may notify the Civil Service LGBT+ Network under these terms, and send questions to the Civil Service LGBT+ Network, at email@example.com.
The Civil Service LGBT+ Network may notify you under these terms using the e-mail address you provide for your account on the forum, or by posting a message to the homepage of the forum or your account page.
The Civil Service LGBT+ Network last updated these terms on 29 August 2021, and may update these terms again.
The Civil Service LGBT+ Network will post all updates to the forum.
Once you get notice of an update to these terms, you must agree to the new terms in order to keep using the forum.
When we use the term “LGBT+”, we mean anyone who has a minority sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or variation in sex characteristics. ↩