Resources for allies
By Civil Service LGBT+ Network
These resources are designed to help you understand what being an ally is and resources to help. This involves guidance around terminology, why we need allies in the workplace and what allies can do to support.
You can help by sharing these resources with your colleagues and networks.
How can I use the resources?
You may like to:
- send the resources around your team or directorate, including a link to this page
- create space to discuss these resources at a team-meeting, away-day or in other relevant meetings
- set up a allies training session
- use it as an opportunity to engage with your HR Diversity and Inclusion Team, LGBT+ staff network, or senior LGBT+ Champion on how to create an allies network within your department (if your department doesn’t already have one).
- print out some copies of the resources to leave in the communal areas of your workplace
Allies Guidance resource produced by the Civil Service LGBT+ Network - Download this publication
Allies Training Presentation produced by the Cabinet Office - Download this publication
Allies Terminology resource produced by the Cabinet Office - Download this publication
Allies Guidance resource produced by the Cabinet Office - Download this publication