Our network works because of volunteers like you. These are some of the skills we need to do our work.
The Civil Service LGBT+ Network delivers its work on an entirely voluntary basis. Our team give up their spare time to put on our events, deliver our programmes and make things better for LGBT+ civil servants.
If you’d like to volunteer, get in touch.
These are specific gaps we’ve identified that we’d like more people to help with, but these aren’t the only ways to get involved.
If you spot something in our business plan you’d like to help with, email the vice-chair responsible directly.
Designer (multiple roles)
As a designer, you will work with people across the Civil Service LGBT+ Network team to create engaging physical and digital materials that support our programmes.
Specific projects that the role holders might be asked to help with include:
- supporting creative design for the programmes in the business plan
- producing social media graphics, posters, booklets, and other forms of graphic media
- maintaining our design system and continually iterating the design of our website and digital services
The specific projects we know we need help with right now include, but are not limited to:
- our 2022 annual conference
- our Pride 2022 programme
As a designer, your role will likely take up to 1 hour a week of your time. This could be made up of time for your corporate contribution in your usual role or from your own time outside of work.
Developer (multiple roles)
As a developer, you will work with people across the Civil Service LGBT+ Network to develop tools to support our programmes or to iterate our website.
The specific projects we know we need help with right now include:
- integrating our mailing list and website with our mail platform
- working with our team member Jonathan Kerr, developing a new mentor matching tool to make it easier to run our mentoring programme
- adding functionality to our website to make it easier to add and review content
As a “Local Organiser” you will lead activities in your local city, region or nation. You will help build local communities of LGBT+ civil servants through activities including social events, pride coordination, and learning and development events.
We are looking for local organisers to join any of our teams across the UK.